Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Candle Making

So, I have been for quite a while now collecting little vintage tea cups, creamers, gravy boats, etc...for a future project. I just find them irresistible, and can't seem to pass by them when I see them. I've just had a long stretch off of work, so I decide now was the time to do something with them......Candles! Wippy!


I was a little overwhelmed at first, because of all the different waxes out there, and I haven't even tried scenting them yet. As you can see in the picture there is a teacup and creamer I've been holding onto for what it seems like forever....


 I used crystal wax with those two.


Here's a gravy boat with a natural wax....


And I just love the glassware...mugs, sugar bowels,....etc. I love the way the candle flame shines through them. I will next time only fill them half full so they shine a bit more. But I do have to admit...I'm addicted!

Now what to do with them once they are done?  Should I give them away, sell them, or keep them? Or have a drawing form the comment list on this post? Oh that might work, then maybe I would get some comments....hummmm....

I'll check back in one week and see how many have commented, and if there is more than 3 then I'll draw for the winner.........Your prize shall be.....

Happy commenting!

Ta ta  till next time!

4 comments:

  1. Do you think that they will crack from the flames of the candle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinking creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I want one! ha- Julia H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great - I've been meaning to try it for a while too. Loads of people here are doing them, though - so not good to sell / too much competition! Well done! Abby x

    ReplyDelete