Sunday, May 29, 2011

Camping

Well, the family and I went for our first camping trip of the year. I love camping, but there are a few things I detest about it.......the packing and unpacking.....ugh!  But it was well worth it.....
Isn't it beautiful?
We met up with my brother and some of his friends out a Summit state park.It's beautiful out there and the lake is huge!I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind primitive camping. However,  it was so damp and wet Saturday night , you could see the dew on the grass before sundown...


Another good use of an ironing broad....

A fish cleaning station....how clever! And of coarse the best part about primitive camping is....

Just kidding, however at least with all the cool weather they weren't too bad...yet.... Usually I do mind a porta-potty, but the closest ones were about 2 blocks away and up hill the whole way back.
Now, this is the best part about camping....

Ahhh, a nice and toasty camp fire when it's below 50 degrees overnight... when there is a fire there is smoke which means...................

Playtime in the smoke of the fire......

Oh, yeah......You know what comes next.....can you hear the theme music for Star Wars yet?

Battle royal in the camp smoke......gotta love them teen boys!

T has become a tent whisperer....Bless his soul, it took him 3 times to fold that tent, but he did it! We planned on staying 2 nights but I have to admit I couldn't make it another night. It was way to wet and cold out there...We'll go again soon..
Ta..ta till next time......



No comments:

Post a Comment