Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

A very Happy Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out in the world! Well It's been a week since my last post and so much has happened where do I start? How about the first day of our local farmer's market......I went with my daughter Lil M and two wonderful friends Gulia, and Bec Bec...We had a blast! I do have to say I was on a mission.......fresh tomato's...Why? What else for? Homemade sauce from scratch for Manicoti!  And Wha-la! Bunches and Bunches.....To my delight!


And then with some blanching, peeling, garlic, fresh basil, onion, mushrooms, you get this...


Ummmmmm.......... Now I also made my own Manicoti noddles, which was way easier than I thought it was going to be and they tasted scrumptious.  I filled them with a mixture of ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, fresh parsley and seasoned ground beef. With all the men in this house just a chesse filling wasn't going to do the trick......So here's how they turned out.........

Sorry the pictures isn't that good. My camera battery was dead and I grabbed my cell phone, because I wasn't gonna wait to dive into these babies......and do I dare toot my own horn???      Ah....... yeah!  ............................................Delish! Ta ta...Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment