Thursday, June 23, 2011

Not Fun!

So, it looks like I have been having to much fun........or at least to much fun outdoors.  Haven't been feeling well for a while now, then I notice a bug bite and rash on leg that was not there before.......


hummm......Now I'm a nurse, so I know I've seen this "bulls eye" rash before, just can't remember where. After a few minutes on the Internet...low and behold...I have Lyme disease??????  Went to my favorite Doctor today...and yeeeppp! I was right.   So now, I start treatment....Nothing to worry about...just 2 weeks of doxycycline, and if that doesn't work then it's IV antibiotics, but I'll cross that bridge when I have to.

Now, just so all of you out there know....I never found a tick....I know we are outdoors alot, and we do the "search" every time we come back, so this lil bugger got what he wanted and was gone...  this explains....the horrible headaches, upset stomach, and ALL the other fun flu like symptoms I've had now for about a week. I'll keep ya posted....

Ta ta till next time!

4 comments:

  1. Yikes, chickie!! I'm glad you discovered the "bite"! and are on treatment. Good assessment! Take care and see ya soon...Susie Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did it go with your recovery from the bug bite? I have one just like it and go to the doctors asap.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bite healed just fine, but it's taken what feels like for ever for the headaches to go away!

      Delete
  3. Ali please email me as I have an identical bullseye and I am having a really difficult time with my doctor. Martj39@yahoo.com. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete