Friday, April 8, 2011

Ending with a Splash or so I thought?

So, I'm at the end of restful 5 days off of work.  Being Friday night and the last of my run of nights off I decided to make homemade pizza crust and all. I've done it before no big deal...yeah right!  Tired a new recipe for the crust that flopped, or should I say didn't rise. Thank goodness for the emergency backup premade roll out crusts. I browned them on my griddle at 400 degrees to get a nice chewy crust. Then I tried to make my own sauce but I accidentally put hot chili powder instead of my pizza seasoning in. Again, thank goodness for canned pizza sauce as a backup. I always have some in the pantry.

Hamburger-Onion-Peperoni


And then I chopped and sliced and diced for what seemed like forever...

Gourmet Veggie: Garlic Alfredo sauce, artichoke hearts, spinach, green and yellow squash, red onion, mushrooms, Roma tomatoes, dash of black olives




And lastly....garlic cheese bread.......



End result....Dinner was delish, but I won't try that crust recipe again. I will be more careful when grabbing for my spices and I will  ALWAYS have a backup in the pantry!  Ta Ta.....Have a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I decided you need to start bring your leftovers to work : ) --Julia

    ReplyDelete